1. Protecting your privacy
- MI provides secure storage of your information on private network servers not available by direct web addresses.
- To protect assets and maintain student confidentiality, MI websites transmit all online data over secure network connections that utilize industry-standard authentication and encryption algorithms. Student data, student responses, scores, and other administrative data transmitted between users and the MI’s servers are encrypted using HTTPS.
- MI websites and services are password-protected, subscription-only products. Subscribers may provide certain personally identifying information about students to enroll them as individual authorized users. This information includes name, grade level, class assignment, and other identifying information that subscribers may deem necessary to enable the features of the MI products used. Information provided by authorized users is not available to the general public on the Internet.
- MI websites are password-protected so that only authorized users are permitted to access them or view the member information relevant to the accounts. We strongly recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. To log out of the website, click Sign Out. We have systems in place to provide secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers. Only certain authorized MI employees can access this information if it is relevant to their job duties.
- MI does not run banner ads, pop-ups, pop-unders, or any other kind of commercial ads.
- MI does not share your information with third parties for any purposes, except to collect payment as you authorize.
- MI does not engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs with other sites.
- MI does not employ tracking devices for marketing purposes ("cookies," "web beacons," single-pixel gifs).
- MI does not send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
2. Data we collect
MI's web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the MI site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
Credit card data.
Username and password.
Email (only for password reminders, course creation alerts, receipts for purchases, and product updates).
3. Data we store
- MI's web logs and other records.
- Cookies (only for session state).
- Student responses.
- Student scores.
- Email (only for password reminders, course creation alerts, receipts for purchases, and product updates).
4. Circumstances in which MI may release information
- MI may disclose information about its users if required to release reports on usage, product performance, and content execution to person(s) approved under contract to receive such information using the necessary security measures to ensure appropriate access.
- MI may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
- MI may also disclose information about its users to law enforcement officers or others, in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: enforce our Terms of Service; respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third-parties; or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of MI, its users or the general public.
5. Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
- MI’s assessment websites are provided solely by subscription to schools, school districts, and other educational entities and are not available for purchase to children under age 18 except when they are enrolled for access as an authorized user by a teacher or other school administrator who has been authorized to do so by the child’s parent or guardian.
- Children under 18 years of age are expressly prohibited from directly registering for any of our services. MI does not use any information about children under 18 years of age for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever, either inside or outside MI.
- We do not allow children under 13 to provide any direct personally identifiable information. Any such information, including full name, date of birth, grade level and student ID number will be collected solely from authorized teachers and/or administrators for the sole purpose of providing log-in information to identify you as an authorized user and ensure that you can see and use those areas of our websites that are appropriate for you. For example, student users cannot access those areas of the website which are intended solely for their teachers or administrators.
- This site contains hyperlinks or "links" to other sites, and other sites may "link" to this site. Websites linking to and from this site may have different privacy practices from the ones described here.
- We are not responsible for the data collection, privacy and information sharing policies and procedures or the content of such websites. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this site.
We welcome your feedback on this document. If you would like to share your thoughts, please email us.